Sunday 12 April 2015

Apologies and blog roadmap

Apologies for the lack of posts since March 2014. Until this point I have had practically no time to prepare new posts for the moment, and a lot had been going on in my life - in short I was extremely busy, so had practically no time to make posts until now.


I have made the decision to migrate this blog to wordpress and get its own domain name, Facebook page and Twitter handle (currently the facebook and twitter buttons here are placeholders - apologies for the inconvenience).

The new blog will have a responsive interface, a modern design and true multi-lingual support. I need to translate both the theme and articles, I will do this to both German and French myself.  Future posts may show progress in this, as well as screenshots.

In addition, I have been working on the PDF, or rather, a series of PDFs showing my signage suggestions for the DfT, not only metrication but to also ensure full compliance with the Vienna Convention on Road Signs and Signals as well as clutter removal. The first volume is 80% complete.

My aim is for all volumes of the PDF to be reviewed by you the reader, so that there is an element of consensus before I send these PDFs to the DfT.

While I was working on the PDF, I also took the time to review everything, and will post some articles either showing new thoughts (and designs) or deprecating and replacing some designs that I reject.

And of course, I aim to find more time to write articles, especially on other subjects.

Be the first to reply!

Post a Comment

You can use some HTML tags, for example:
<a href="example.url.com">Example link</a> <b>...</b>